Saturday 29 August 2015

Smelling The Flowers Along The Way

A walk early this morning along the Grange, the lovely late summer smell of the the damp, musty, woods in my nostrils. The overnight rain had passed, so I was looking for and expecting a few mushrooms, but I surprisingly found nothing. In a few days, perhaps ?
Later, a  bike ride round the tiny lanes towards Manningtree. Hedges now full of ripening blackberries,hips, haws and elderberries. And totally carless, Yes, in good old Essex. In a Britain full of them.
Cloudtastic day, eh ? Warm too, so I had a quick session in the evening at my bass spot, which was, for the first time this year, devoid of bass. Still, plenty of time yet, and I'm expecting October and November to produce the best fishing of the year ( and maybe the best fishing for years....we'll see )
Still, a gorgeous evening and end to a beautiful late summer's day.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Wak. Yep, autumn us on it's way. You can smell it everywhere. Golden times to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost time to prepare the pike gear.

    ReplyDelete