Saturday 1 January 2022

We're Off !

The darkest day hath passed, 2021 is no more and Christmas is just a memory. Let's crack on then.

Got a smegging leak in the camper, appears to be in the seal from windscreen. Hopefully anyway. Need it fixed because there's plans afoot for the spring.

After plenty of rain the river has been in flood for several days. I've been watching it and each day it gets a bit better, slowing and clearing, slowly but surely.

A few days ago with the river still in flood, me and Cocksy fished the dyke, an offshoot of the main river where the fish pack in during high water conditions. As expected it was a bite a chuck. Three otters went through my swim and the fish continued feeding a minute or two after they passed.


Today I fished the main river, the flow having eased and the colour absolutely perfect. I set up a wire stemmed Avon float and first trot down the float buried and a chunky roach hit the net

I had hardly any maggots so couldn't really feed properly but it didn't matter, almost every trot resulted in a bite. Mostly good sized dace and roach, with the occasional perch. I only fished for an hour or so but had a cracking session. It really is hard to beat a nice bit of trotting in perfect conditions.


I think I might try for a chub or two on a different stretch tomorrow. Boootiful.





2 comments:

  1. Good work. Of course today is bright, very windy and cold as fuck. I will go but not full of confidence. Pike I guess, or possibly quiver tipping some worms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not cold....just not 14 degrees like yesterday. Getter proper cold later this week.

      Delete