Friday 1 July 2022

Bits and Pieces

Yesterday I joined Bazza for a go at the mullet, but despite conditions being spot on they weren't really having it.

Bazza was first in, but somehow his float-spinner rig  snapped and the fish powered off. No worries, I cast over the float and snagged his line, gingerly played the fish in and Bazza got his gear back and I claimed the mullet. Good eh ?


Bazza had two in the end, I had a bass but it was a bit of an anti climax really.

Home for a monster brekkie.


Back out in the evening with my six foot five gram Noddy rod. Lots of small chub and perch snatching my worm baits in the quest for a Stour ruffe.


To be honest, I didn't realise how many perch there were in this stretch, nothing big but anything goes well on the light stick.

After dusk I peered into the crystal clear water with my headtorch and amongst all the roach and mini gudgeon, yes, a nice sized ruffe.

I know where he lives.

4 comments: