Friday 22 May 2015

Too Good To Be True

After last night's successful bait digging / fishing session, the following evening I thought I'd give it another go. Same thing happened, plenty of bait and another two decent bass. A day later.....well, you know the rest.
I was speaking to a bloke who is on the marsh every day and he mentioned that he had yet to see the dreaded netters at work this season. Great, I thought, that makes a change. Probably why the bassing was so good. In those four sessions totalling about three hours I had eight decent bass, five between 2.5lb and 3.5lb. Good fishing.
A day later and, surprise, surprise, the tosspots have nets all over the river. I had a couple of small ones and went home in disgust.
How they're allowed to net this far up the river in what is essentially a nursery area I'll never know.
Oh well, you just have to make hay while the sun shines.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful fish, what a colour. To Good To Ge True? Is this an Essex code for Bass fishermen?

    All the best, John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too good to be true in as much as I knew the netters would hammer them all too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you're mobile, me, you and Bb should have a session bassing. Light freshwater gear is all that's needed in the estuaries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never beat the Euro fishing quangos, how much by catch gets thrown back?

    ReplyDelete
  5. None when they're drift netting for bass. They'll keep any mullet they catch. Can't see them catching much else other than bass and mullet with that method in the river. This is a case when you can't blame EU. The inshore, under 10 m boats do a massive amount of damage to the bass. They earn a serious amount of money and won't stop until they clean them out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TT I've just seen the Ge True. Slight mistake old boy.

    ReplyDelete