Friday 26 July 2024

Destination.....Somewhere

The work has finished, and this evening I'm out for drinks and a meal at the best Italian restaurant in East Anglia. 

Today I blitzed an overgrown garden for a customer with customary speed and panache. It's my blog, I can say what I want.



Nobody at the property, so headphones on, music at full volume and I was grooving in the sun as I worked. 
Tony De Vit, Idles, Nick Cave, Mud ( yes, Tiger Feet ), Sleaford Mods, Morrissey, Wreckless Eric, Motorhead to name but a few.

The rake makes a decent air guitar too. Finished before 14.00. Perfect. 


On Monday we're off to somewhere in Europe for a month.

The van is packed. Somehow there are six lure rods, three feeder rods, two float rods, two barbel rods and a light sea rod along with pretty much any bit of tackle I may need.

And a ludicrous amount of lures.





Nothing booked, but the first couple of  days we'll be on the Waal for asp, zander and ide. After that, we'll make it up as we go along.

Probably fish the Lek, maybe the Meuse and definitely want to have a go for the barbel on the Ijssel again.

Then I'm thinking about heading further north. Much further north.



Aswell as fishing we'll be on the bikes every day. Nice cycling somewhere where you're not in danger of getting killed each time you go out.

I'm hoping for four weeks of sunshine and not a drop of rain. Got to settle down sometime hasn't it ?

I'll be blogging as I go.

Don't get too excited.



2 comments: