Sunday 15 February 2015

Winter Finished- Official

I've decided winter has finished, bloody good job too. It can huff and puff, but it's on the way out. So says I.
Yesterday I did my last long(ish) run before the Seville marathon next week. All was going well until I wiped my sunglasses as I ran down Cox Hill in Lawford, when one of the lens popped out. I spent half hour on hands and knees, cursing like a madman, unsuccessfully looking for it.
How the hell can a lens that size disappear ?

Lovely day today, walked along the river from Thorrington Mill to Wivenhoe and back. Signs of spring everywhere.

Lots of green shoots on the honeysuckle and elder especially, woodpeckers yaffling, a buzzard mewing above the wood near Brightlingsea church and songbirds everywhere. Had a stoat run out in front of me too.

1 comment: