Thursday 28 October 2021

The Jumper

I thought I'd better mention it before you did. Before you take this piss further I'll have you know my mum knitted it. Makes my forearms look like fecking Popeye's.

This is about 1982-3 I reckon. Fishing a small very shallow area in early spring  with a "spratanoster" on an old ABU 223. Ten feet of light red fibre glass and mega through action, I loved it.

I can't remember the exact details but I do remember getting a fifteen pounder and another decent fish one mild day in March on the spratanoster.

The pit never has produced a really big pike, though there has been plenty of prey fish at various times. Poor genes perhaps ? Who knows.

2 comments:

  1. Speaks for it self..I remember you had a few tench after Christmas too that year.
    That pike ceiling weight is a strange one. Perhaps to many fish knocked on their head by the match boys on there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think so re match boys. Poor genes I reckon.

      Delete