Wednesday 22 February 2023

On The Border

The Waveney to be precise.

Bully said he'd pick me up "between nine and ten". At 07.30 I had a text saying he was on his way, the hungry fecker, so I was rushing about getting my gear ready whilst trying to eat toast and drink tea.

Bully, being a pensioner, spent the previous day polishing his split shot and counting his maggots, so got up early ( they always do, weak bladders on oldies ) and couldn't wait to get going.

An hour later we arrived, I set up on the corner, got some feed out and started fishing. 

It's how I roll boiiiii


Bully sent an application for planning consent for his fishing platform or whatever they call them and got the control room set up very professionally.


We both started getting bites, Bully had roach and ruffe, I had rudd and perch. After a while I had a few bream to 2lb and ever increasing quantities of rudd. Not big fish, but plump specimens in fine condition ranging from 6-10oz.



The action continued on and off all afternoon before going totally dead at dusk.

Nothing big but plenty of bites, banter and interest.


We packed up, me taking five minutes and Bully about twenty. Got back to the car and I said I was popping down the road to Lidl, " I'll be back in ten minutes "

Well, it was more like fifteen, but Bully was still packing the car, trying to get out of his Mothercare chest waders and checking and double checking everything. He's very meticulous. And slow.

Poor old boy, he doesn't deserve the abuse. He takes the ribbing with a smile and is a fine fellow and great company. 

Another great day out.




4 comments:

  1. lol, great read. Soooooooooooo much tackle, would be far too much of a chore for me lugging all that about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I can't be arsed with all the faffing about either 😆

      Delete
  2. Nice rudd. And rod rest.........

    ReplyDelete