Thursday 20 May 2021

Thoughts on Canal Zander

Sounds profound eh ?

As I mentioned in a previous post, on my day with The Zandermeister, Mark Bevan, I learnt lots of stuff that would have taken ages to discover by myself.

But I did catch enough to come up with a few thoughts. But that's all they are, I'm certainly not trying to give anyone advice based on a couple of weeks fishing.

* Moves swims if you don't have a take or any indications after twenty minutes or so. Almost all the fish I had came within that period of casting out.

* Along the same lines, cover as much water as possible. Even if you don't know favoured areas you give yourself a better chance of finding a fish or two

* If you get a dropped run they'll quite often come back next cast for another go.

* Dusk, I mean proper dusk, wasn't very productive. Whether this was due to it being very cold or whatever I don't know, but dusk was almost always disappointing. It was much better late afternoon through to early evening.

And that is about as much as my shrivelled brain can come up with. I can't wait to get back in autumn for another go. 





2 comments: