Friday 18 November 2022

Bring On The Clowns

"Hell Is Other People" 

Jean Paul Sartre

Fecking right JP.

I arrived at the ressie just before 07.00 to find three cars already parked up. As The Pike Guru said " I preferred the place unloved and unfished ". Too right.

It is three hundred and fifty acres, so plenty of space, so I walked twenty minutes to the spot I wanted, only to find somebody already there. FFS, a great start. How dare they ?

I wasn't going to set up next to him, so walked all the way back to the car and drove around the other side, then walked another twenty minutes and set up, grumpy and not very confident. Drank my coffee, eat my food and got bored quickly.

Indicators motionless, wind and feet cold, mood black.

I moved a couple of hundred yards, whacked a bait out as far as I could and within five  minutes the left hand rod was away. It felt quite heavy and put up a good scrap and I was glad when I slid it over the net.

This is where it became interesting. I put the fish on the mat, kicked over my trace box, which resulted in about thirty trebles getting hooked up in the mesh. A total shambles.

No chance of weighing the fish in the net, so I unhooked and returned it without even a photo, but as a guess it was 15-16lb, possibly a bit bigger, but we'll never know. A cracking fish.


It was a bloody circus, with me as Charlie Fecking Corrola. For the next ten minutes I was trying to unhook the trebles but every time I did another one would get caught. Happy days.

You might think this would make me extremely angry but....no, you're right, I was extremely angry.

I sat there for two hours with no further action.

A rather strange day.


1 comment:

  1. Next time just stick the hook of the scales through the chin Buh....

    ReplyDelete