It was our last evening on the river before having to catch the ferry home.
Me, S and a couple of Dutch friends sat on the beach in front of the camper chatting and drinking.
It was only a few inches deep in the bay in front of us, apart from a slightly deeper area by the inlet, which was probably eighteen inches or so.
Well, if we were sitting on the beach, I may as well chuck a bait out.
I deposited half a tin of corn by the inlet, hoping that as the sun dropped an ide or two may venture in to the shallows. I left it for an hour before swinging the bait out a couple of rod lengths.
It hadn't been out long before the tip banged over and a big ide was lolloping about on the surface. I caught sight of it as it surfaced and it looked an extremely decent fish. Luckily it was scooped up first time and it really was a good'un, pulling the scales down to 6lb 6oz.
The rest of the corn was chucked in, the swim left for a while and then I lowered the bit in again. A few minutes later another fish was on, a big ide again, this time 5lb 2oz. Blimey.
A brace of ide for 11lb 8oz, that'll do for the finale.
The rod was packed away and we sat there watching the sun go down.



No comments:
Post a Comment