Wednesday 31 May 2017

" I Coulda Been A Contender "

" Regret is the worst human emotion. If you had of taken another road, you may of fallen off a cliff. I'm content "

William Shatner


Done the Paras10, a ten mile cross country yomp with 35lb pack and boots last weekend. I was aiming for around 2.15 but somehow managed to come in under the Para qualifying time at 1.48. Well pleased.
Great event, well organised as expected . Lots of Gurkas, East Anglians and Paras taking part, not many no hopers in this one.



Managed to source some bespoke garden furniture from a large local reservoir. Bloody heavy but make perfect tables, just big enough to take a large glass of red, small plate of cheese and a book. Wunderbar.


That's me below, did I mention I did the Paras10 ?

The fish in my "private pit" have been spawning, so I've not been fishing, but have spent time watching and observing. I've told Lord Pualus of Clacton about the water and shown him round, so now have someone to take some photos. He's mega keen too and a fine fellow.


Took The Masonmeister and Young Charles crabbing at the weekend. Like all youngsters, they loved it. That was until Young Charles grazed his knee and then much wailing commenced. Unfortunately, this went on for bloody ages. I even had to finish off his ice cream for him.



Light for eighteen hours a day, warm and sunny, everything in full bloom. It doesn't get better than now,



6 comments:

  1. Classic washing tablet bag lure for crabbing. Crabs are called gillies round here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hells teeth! I feel like a right wimp now with my ultralight backpacking, sawing handles off toothbrushes and so on! Hard core, i bet you had a beer after that - nice logs. TTFN Dickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just going through my midlife crisis Dickie. Love backpacking too. Brecon Beacons for a couple of days next week with rucksack.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete