Monday 13 June 2022

Plans and Earworms

The latest plan. I've borrowed an inflatable paddle board and this is going to help me catch lots of bass.

I do wonder why nobody else seems to fish off them though and very soon I'll find out. I've been down the kayak route and just didn't like all the faffing about and no matter what anyone says there is lots of messing about. Too much for me anyway.

There's a 50-50 chance I'll like it and will be successful. Alternatively, I'll sack it off and it will never be spoken of again.

I took my Saturday group run around Old Harwich, a fantastic coastal route followed by an absolutely top class breakfast. French stick with all the trimmings i.e fried onions, black pepper, brown sauce......and sausage, egg, bacon and cheese too obviously. All this in warmth and glorious sunshine too.

While we eating I dicked about with my 5 gram, 6 foot drop shot rod and had four rock gobies. That's multi tasking for you. Or opportunism if you like. Or being a hungry bastard. 

Earworms. I have three at the moment. The choice of earworm is not within your control. Whether you like, dislike or even loathe the song has bearing on selection by the head gremlins.

Earworm 1.  Nick Cave - Nature Boy


Luckily I love this song, so no issues there. 

Earworm 2. Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing

Decent enough tune, but why has it chosen me ? And why do I change a few words when singing to make the song sound ridiculous ?

Earworm 3. 2 Unlimited - No Limits

This has been in my pea brain for fecking months, maybe years and I fecking hate it. In the shower I'm singing the poxy song, whilst remembering Alan Partridge shouting "Techno ! Techno ! Techno !" from the sidelines.

I'm not making this up. Tell me I'm not alone. Please.

In other news I'm going fishing this evening.



4 comments:

  1. No Limits yes. Dire Straights? Feck the feck off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sultans of Swing is a chuuune. The punk wars finished years ago 😆

      Delete
    2. Not having that. I put DS in the Level 42 Camp.

      Delete
    3. Plenty of shite bands have one or two good songs.

      Delete