Thursday 14 July 2022

Nodding About, Part 326

Although I know the mullet mark has been netted, I keep going back and looking, hoping somehow that miraculously the fish will be there. Last Sunday , perfect conditions I managed two, but these were practically the only ones I saw, aside from small fish up to a pound or so....you know the size that would swim through the net.

What was interesting though was that I had one on a dendrobena worm, along with some small bass. If they work well it will save the aggro of digging ragworm.

Similarly I was on the LRF gear using tiny bits of three week old gutted lugworm. Stuff that had gone from being fresh and firm to sloppy to firm again. It worked really well for the gobies, although they'd probably munch the paper the worms were rolled in.



I had a failed mission to catch a thick lip mullet in the marina ( the ones locally are thins ).

I had a plan but the fish weren't having it. It's private so I sat in a quiet corner flicking mash in on the sly, with my gear hidden in the undergrowth. I was tackled up and ready to go as soon as the mullet were feeding. Unfortunately the bastards wouldn't feed. There's always next time.

The quest for a bullhead and stone loach continues. The other evening I tried in a lovely side stream but failed again, although I did have some beautiful good sized gudgeon.


Yesterday I tried another, well it's more like a ditch than a stream, but it flows in parts and looks like somewhere you'd find a loach or bullhead. I say this knowing feck all about either.

Again, no good but surely they must be in there ? What do you reckon ?


The quest continues.

1 comment: