Thursday 24 August 2023

An Ijssel Pig

After the success in the morning me and S went for a bike ride in to town for provisions, along cycle lanes through the countryside, where no car shall pass. Loads of people cycling and using the trails.  Not a token effort like in Blighty. Honestly, we should do better.


Passed over several canals with blokes catching bream and tench. It looked the dooh daahs.

Last day here, I was going to relax this evening and anyway rain was forecast.

Never go back straight after a great session, it's bound to be a disappointment 

Then I got twitchy.

Bollocks,  I'll have another go "just to use up the bait" . Total crap of course, I'm just a hungry bastard. 


Six feeder fulls of bait and I cast out three grains of corn. Feeder hits bottom, I put the baitrunner on and it's off immediately !

It felt big

Almost like hooking the bottom but it was moving ! I needed all the strength of the 15lb Big Game but the pressure told and it eventually hit the net. 

A fat pig of a fish, 10lb 15oz of Ijssel barbel. Well chuffed again.


I had another of about 6lb half hour later, plus some clonking roach but it was a bit " After the Lord Major's show" and for once I packed up early and when I got back we sat outside in the gathering darkness drinking wine.

A fine day indeed.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment