Monday 7 August 2023

Shortening The Odds

Massive lake, not fished much, new area to try. What do you do ? Pre bait, that's what.

Night before I put in seven or eight kg of mixed seed. Took me forty five minutes to get it out.

Next morning, arrived shortly after dawn and expected to see lots of fish rolling over the bait, but it was strangely quiet. Well, it appeared that way at first.


Not to worry, after half hour the tip went round and a clonking bream clogged up my net with snot. The first of quite a few.


I can't say it was manic but it was steady and I ended up with eighteen bream, most 5-7lb, two hybrids and a decent roach. If I had a keepnet it would of been full.




It all happened fairly quickly and I was home by midday for egg, bacon, sausage and the full works. Most excellent. 

A damn fine morning all told.

4 comments: