Friday 22 September 2023

Social Session

I awoke to a distinctly nippy morning. Heavy dew, mist rising off the river and a cloud free sky.

Time for breakfast, a leisurely five minute walk along the lane to the cafe. Full English ? Small, medium or large sir ? I think you all know the answer to that.


It was as good as it looked.

Back at the van new hook lengths were tied, the tackle bag given a token tidy and I was ready to go. I had another smallish barbel of 4-5 lb in front of the campsite, taking it easy and lazing in the autumn sun, before moving downstream to meet up with Chris.

He had a tiny chub first cast on a large, rock hard boilie and even made me net it. Swing it in man ! 



Just before dusk my upstream rod took off and after a long fight a nice fish of 9lb 9oz was landed. Lovely.


Sorry about the hat.




Not long after that, as we stood chatting, sharing out mutual loathing of Manchester United FC , Chris was away again, which resulted in a cracking, beautifully conditioned fish 10lb 2oz.


We packed in as the temperature dropped and went our separate ways.

Lovely social session and a great way to end the trip.

Lucky again with the weather, good company and with the best four barbel going a total of 44lb 2oz, excellent fishing.




5 comments:

  1. Good stuff! Might get my barbel mojo back one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I had a river with barbel in near me. Its three hours plus for me to be in with a decent chance of a fish or two.

      Delete
  2. That hat gets worse and worse. Bring it on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done well on the barbel front shame you have to travel so far. Give me a nudge if you go again might join you. Never fished the trent !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a long way Mick, but when you've got a fire in yer belly you've got to do it.
      Yeah, I'll let you know when I go next, cheers.

      Delete