Tuesday 7 November 2023

Floods and Chubs

I've never seen rain like it this early in the season.

My part of the lower river takes three or four days longer to settle down than stretches only five or six miles upstream, due in part to a couple of tributaries draining in to the main channel.



At the moment a friend fifteen miles upstream tells me it's normal level and now clear. Not here Guvnor.


Today it was going through like a train but with a perfect green tinge that tells you that you will most certainly catch chub.

Fishing any available steady bit of water resulted in a few bites and I finished with four moderately sized chub. Bit of fun on a short session on a sunny afternoon 



I also had a ruffe the other day. I love 'em.


I'm hoping to get back on the "Forbidden" section later in the week if the rain stops and the flow eases.


I'm taking my mate Dicky Boy who wants a decent river bream, so the pressure is on. Wish me luck.




No comments:

Post a Comment