Saturday 18 November 2023

Quick Trips

I managed to find a shoal of roach on the river the other day. Lovely swim, with a variety of water ranging from very fast to practically slack. 

Not huge fish but very good size for this stretch.


I was well chuffed with those two, it was in flood and extremely coloured and I do like those conditions for roach. Light quiver rod, micro cage feeder and bread flake this time.


I'm hoping that one day I'll get a monster from this river, I've no idea if they exist but you never know.

Yesterday I was up early, had a six mile walk-run along the water meadows in glorious sunshine before rewarding myself with a corking breakfast.


Then it was off for a bit of trotting in what looked like absolutely perfect conditions.


It was a bit of a struggle and although I managed three chub, two of those were at dusk on the last few casts. 

I was back using the 12' 9", Drennan IM8 Specimen Float rod, twenty five years old and still the best float rod Ive ever used. I'm not as yet convinced about the fifteen foot Cadence I bought a while ago. I hate the tiny rings they insist on using, they impede casting and trotting efficiently massively in my opinion. 

Another thoroughly enjoyable day.

6 comments:

  1. Nicely done on the Roach, got to be the best species of fish in our rivers! Majestic creatures, regardless of size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers James. Yeah, especially when they get to a decent size, having battled cormorants, otters, pike and pollution!

      Delete
  2. i can see why you don't rate my sossig skills

    ReplyDelete