Thursday 12 March 2015

Banal Ramblings

The drill was put into action for the second time in my 50 years. A top quality,  bespoke house number, designed and crafted by yours truly. Is there nothing I can't do ( comments on the grammatical  correctness of this sentence welcome ) ? It's taken me twenty three years to put a number on the house.
The most pathetic thing on the blog so far ?
Today, I nipped out for an hour or two (ish) at lunchtime, down the cafe and then a walk along the marshes. Layed down in a sheltered spot in the sun and watched and listened to the widgeon and waders. How civilised.
Thorrington Mill in the distance
On Tuesday, me and Wak Baines had a day perch fishing at a local lake. Lots of small perch were caught, along with roach, rudd, bream, carp and chub. We lost a couple of big koi carp too. Another day in the sun drinking tea, watching the wildlife and taking the piss out of each other. Saw a badger in the evening too.
Sir, do you have licenses for those four rods ?
A really lazy, enjoyable day. This week I've spent so much time not working I'm beginning to understand what it must be like to be Poodle Riley.
Grossly incompetent Wak Baines tangled up again
Oh yeah, and I put out a fire midway through the afternoon, but I'm too modest to talk further of my heroism.

No comments:

Post a Comment