Wednesday 25 January 2017

Kes

 "To succeed in life, you need three things : a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone."

Reba McEntire

Where were we ? Oh yes, I was going on about it getting lighter in the evenings. And did I also mention that Donald Trump is an odious, ignorant, dangerous shitehawk ? Well both things are still true.

Jan 25 - Londonicus, UK  - Sunrise 07.49, Sunset 16.38
Light gained since "the shortest day" - 59 minutes, 34 seconds.

Wunderbar, eh ? For the last few weeks the weather has been, for the most part, glorious. Cold, windless and sunny and as per usual I've been out "filling my boots". I can't be inside for long.

Last week I was having a run through the woods and meadows around Mistley and came across an injured kestrel. After climbing over a fence through some thick brambles I managed to catch it and took it to a local wildlife rehabilitation place. Beautiful creature.

The woman who runs it said they'd keep it for a few days, do a few checks and see how things went. After a week I spoke to her and she said it had fully recovered and a bloke from the BTO was going to ring  and release it. That was my good deed for the week.


Yesterday I had what I laughably describe as a "business trip" to Ludham on the river Ant. What a cracking area, nice bit of river too. On the way back ( not too late of course ) I stopped off for a walk along the stour, which was full of widgeon, teal and various waders.


Hear This 

Anything by Flatworms. Not "Anything" by Flatworms. Marc Riley has been playing them, sound very raw. Excellent.
Airbourne Toxic Event - "Such Hot Blood" - Full of chuuuuunes.

Read This

Absolute Pandemonium - Brian Blessed - Look, I don't know how I ended up reading this OK ? But it was entertaining.
ISIS:Battling The Menace - Patrick Cockburn - Top journo. Dear, oh dear. What a mess and what a bunch of barbaric sub humans.

Watch This / Don't Watch This

Taboo - On a Saturday evening too. About the only half decent thing I've seen in a while. Creepy and atmospheric.
Sherlock - What a load of crap. Can't they just tell  a story without all that self indulgent, too clever by half guff ?  I have no idea what any of it was about. A pity, because I used to like it.

Enough of my waffle. Good day to you.

6 comments:

  1. Ludham is in knuckle dragging country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked alright to me. Are you comparing Ludham unfavourably with the cosmopolitan metropolis of North Walsham ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stalham and Walsham are sworn enemies and Ludham is a darn sight closer to the Jaywick of the Broads that is Stalham.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you get confused these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right about Sherlock. What a load of self-indulgent crappy waffle. Talk about improving it worse. Will look at Taboo too. Tribal differences in East Anglia?
    More importantly fishing tomorrow. John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds, etc, John. Ha ha. I think you might like Taboo, for the way it's shot as much as anything. It's a slow burner, gets better each episode. Good luck fishing.

      Delete