Tuesday 10 January 2017

Loada Bloody Nowt

 “Spring is the time of plans and projects.”
  Leo Tolstoy

Every new spring is more precious than the last ( that's one of mine ). Yes, I know it's only January.

Anyway, Leo is wrong. Winter is the time for plans and projects. For confirmation of this refer to the mighty Henry Rollins.

Sunset today, 10 January, 16.14. By my calculations we have gained twenty two minutes evening light already. Bring out the flags, it's coming, it's coming.

Today on my run I saw the first elder tree buds poking through.

Praise the sun god. Again.


4 comments:

  1. Leon Trotsky, he got an ice pick.
    It made his ears burn.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracked him down to Mexico apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snowdrops hyacinths and daffodils are through in the garden but it is freezing cold and blowing a hoodie. I cancelled the drain visit, I'd end being blown into the drain. The lazy wind has arrived. JOHN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow on you snowdrops this weekend John. I think pike, pike, pike if I get a weekend pass.

    ReplyDelete