Saturday 12 March 2022

Burning Up Time

Last few days of the river season, we're running out of time.

Sacked off work to get on the river. Two biggish chub in the first ten minutes, sun out, skylarks singing, booootiful.

It being spring, the weather changed in about five minutes, it clouded over and the wind got up. I wangled another chub out of the " banker " swim and after being pestered by about, oooh, a dozen dogs with owners unable to control there so cute, so amusing, shite machines ( I'm a dog lover, it's the useless owners that get on my tits ) I packed up.

Quick coffee with the now sixty year old mate Goozgog in a very twee tea room and I decided to have an hour trotting.

As expected it was a bite a chuck. Roach, dace, chublets, rudd, perch and lots of bleak. Another one ticked off for the 2022 species hunt.



Anyway, two days left, time to squeeze in a couple of sessions I reckon.




2 comments:

  1. Waktastic. Looks like there is water in the river too. I can't find the "silvers" in their usual spots. But lots of ideas for next season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of water....unlike today. Was like a bloody ditch this morning.

      Delete