Tuesday 29 March 2022

Greed

Yes, that's me. Greedy for everything I like. I was keen to get back to the canal but the forecast, following a week of very warm weather, was not good.

Anyone sensible would leave it for another time but not me. Bollocks, I'm going.

First day to be fair ( Brian ) was very nice. Had some nice big rudd again, one good silver bream and several skimmers 1-2lb ( or is that classed as a bream in these parts ?), plus perch and roach.

Had a go for the zander in the evening and after missing a few runs I snared a litlun. I'm sure the missed runs were from fish of similar size.

Hungry boy Chris from Stansted joined me the next day, turning up with a ludicrous amount of gear. He had a sort of wheelbarrow type affair the matchman use when they transport their four bedroomed platforms to their woodchip covered swims in search of something called an "F1". Bred to keep small, is that right ? Apparently they catch so many they bring two or three keepnets.

Less is more. Honestly. 

Anyway, Hungry Boy thought the  wheelbarrow thingy was great until he had a puncture on the way back. He moved very much slower with one flat. Especially up the steps. Oh well, he should have bought a rucksack.

We really struggled. The temperature was probably down 8-10 degrees on the day before. It was a bit grim.

We had a big rudd each, skimmers, small perch and roach but it really was slow. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

After Chris had left, I cooked a huge pasta dish, washed down with a very nice Cotes De Rhone, consumed whilst listening to some damn fine music on Marc Riley's show on 6Music. If that's classed as a poor day I'm a lucky man.








2 comments:

  1. Them steps.. ha ha. Better luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Off home tomorrow. Back over Easter for a few days.
      Cheers.

      Delete