Monday 26 September 2022

Murphy's Law

Oh yes, we're all familiar with that eh ?

The Turdster was coming down for a much anticipated weekend fishing. I fished a short session before he arrived and although I had a few nice fish, including another trigger fish, it was much slower than recent trips. Hmm, ain't that often the case when you've told someone how great the fishing has been ?


Saturday we did the route march to the spot and first cast we both had fish. Turdy a codling and me a decent bream. 

A great start but it didn't last, bites slowed and we ended up with five fish between us. 

I did get yet another trigger though, so can't complain. The sunset wasn't bad either.



Sunday was similar and a bit disappointing but we had a great chat, drink and catch up, so a great weekend.

After Turdy left I thought I'd use up the worms in a big shallow bay, with the hope of a gilt head bream. First cast the lead had barely hit the bottom and the rod whacked round and a small but beautiful gilthead was in the net.


I had bites almost every cast and ended up with six in ninety minutes including a double shot. Great fishing.


Back home soon but got a couple more days to catch a few.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds great fishing !!! love those trigger fish !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was good fun Mick, very different to the east coast.

      Delete